Machines for Adoption or Parts

Benny that Monarch looks promising for a couple of parts I need. I'll look closer at it. Compound/and or cross-slide is my primary interest.
Tony,
I was by the yard yesterday afternoon and got a few more pictures with my pocket camera. I have resized and posted a couple of the area you are interested in below. If you need more information let me know and I will see if I can check the condition of the parts when it gets warmer.

Compound-Cross Slide-1.jpgCompound-Cross Slide-2.jpg

I get sad when i see nice big machines like that getting scrapped. I can't help it.
Me too!
When I started working years ago before the NC tools took over there were row after row of machines like these.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Compound-Cross Slide-1.jpg Compound-Cross Slide-2.jpg

I got the word yesterday that they want to move the two machines to the crusher and that I could take any parts off that might be wanted by others. Any possible wants or suggestions? I adopted the chuck key, reversing switch and a couple of really cool oil level gauges from the front of the lathe for my orphanage. I noticed that someone has already taken the follower rest from the grinder also.

Benny

Hmm, that monarch looks like it could take a 1/4" cut out of the face of some steel : [video=youtube;yP2qvIn3fL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP2qvIn3fL0[/video]

Can't get enough of posts like that hah hah

THanks man!

Bernie

Benny, you need to take ALL the stuff on the table of the grinder! You should also take that spindle.
Heck, I think you need a powered workhead for your #2 don't you? There it is!!!!

Benny, you need to take ALL the stuff on the table of the grinder! You should also take that spindle.
Heck, I think you need a powered workhead for your #2 don't you? There it is!!!!

Please don't temp me! You know I am a "Tool Junkie".:thinking:

Benny

- - - Updated - - -

A few more pictures for a forum member.

Monarch Salvaged Levers.jpg
Salvaged Levers

Monarch Jaw Clutch.jpg
Jaw Clutch

Monarch RH Froken Bracket.jpg
Broken Bracket - RH Side of Carriage

Benny

Monarch Salvaged Levers.jpg Monarch Jaw Clutch.jpg Monarch RH Froken Bracket.jpg

Back