Magnescale SR-2711

RandyHut

Registered
Registered
FYIW --I have been looking all over (much searching) and can't seem to find any info on these scales SR-2711 Magnescale. I have an old BP that has two of them and an lf-200 readout that is starting to act up on the y axis (i can switch the axis and the problem stays on the y) so i am fairly sure it is the readout, i am trying to see if these scales will work with TouchDRO before the readout dies completely.

Thanks
Randy

You might try opening the readout unit and checking for corrosion or other visible problems. The connections to the led display might be flaky/dirty.
It may be that a cleaning is all it needs

Reseating connectors or socketed ICs will sometimes bring a unit back to life.
Sometimes capacitors start leaking or bulging when they are failing, after a long period of use

-M

Last edited:
FYIW --I have been looking all over (much searching) and can't seem to find any info on these scales SR-2711 Magnescale. I have an old BP that has two of them and an lf-200 readout that is starting to act up on the y axis (i can switch the axis and the problem stays on the y) so i am fairly sure it is the readout, i am trying to see if these scales will work with TouchDRO before the readout dies completely.

Thanks
Randy
Randy,
More likely than not these won't work with TouchDRO. There were very few scales of that vintage (if any) that used 5V [TTL] quadrature output.
Your best bet would be to try cleaning the contacts, checking for wire corrosion, etc.
Regards
Yuriy

Back