Making a repair

Still in the clutches of obsessive-compulsive cleaning disorder, I headed for the shop. My first order
of business was to make several repairs on some Milwaukee M-18 battery pack cases. They were
cracked and broken from the many times they were inadvertently dropped. I used the cyanoacrylate
glue and baking soda repair method along with a little melting help from a soldering iron. You can
view it on You Tube if not familiar with the process. It was my first time to use this method and was
quite surprised that the repairs were strong and look like they will hold up. One battery pack had a
chunk missing so filled in the missing plastic with super glue and baking soda. I will include a photo of that.

Anyway, the OCD got the best of me and I spent some time cleaning up my drill and impact driver. I
blame the weather as the temp is near 0 Farenheit and a strong south wind keeping me indoors.
P1030371.JPG
These are the first pair of battery units I bought some years ago. I have a new set as well
and keep them at the other shop location. They both still work well although I did have
to replace the brushes in the impact unit...

P1030372.JPG
Here you can see the baking soda-crazy glue repair in the middle of the photo. I also disassembled the battery packs and
beefed them up inside with the sodium bicarbonate-Crazy Glue fix. Time will tell I guess. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Still in the clutches of obsessive-compulsive cleaning disorder, I headed for the shop. My first order
of business was to make several repairs on some Milwaukee M-18 battery pack cases. They were
cracked and broken from the many times they were inadvertently dropped. I used the cyanoacrylate
glue and baking soda repair method along with a little melting help from a soldering iron. You can
view it on You Tube if not familiar with the process. It was my first time to use this method and was
quite surprised that the repairs were strong and look like they will hold up. One battery pack had a
chunk missing so filled in the missing plastic with super glue and baking soda. I will include a photo of that.

Anyway, the OCD got the best of me and I spent some time cleaning up my drill and impact driver. I
blame the weather as the temp is near 0 Farenheit and a strong south wind keeping me indoors.
View attachment 389054
These are the first pair of battery units I bought some years ago. I have a new set as well
and keep them at the other shop location. They both still work well although I did have
to replace the brushes in the impact unit...

View attachment 389055
Here you can see the baking soda-crazy glue repair in the middle of the photo. I also disassembled the battery packs and
beefed them up inside with the sodium bicarbonate-Crazy Glue fix. Time will tell I guess. Have a good day.
FYI
There is also a stronger CA glue, it's the black CA it's a little flexible, so it won't let go on a drop. CA is brittle, and a drop or 2 will let go. With the black, you don't need the baking soda.

A couple of months ago I stitched a cord real together using my old weller gun. I took a piece of 14 gage wire grounding from romex.. bent it and used it to bond the reel together.. I use them for my volleyball lines to store them.

Back