Making chips fly on my Rong Fu!!

ridgeway

Active User
Registered
Hehe...wood chips that is. Made a handy rack to hold some tooling. This is my first mill project since getting the machine set up and under power. I have a long ways to go on adequate tooling, but will get stuff here and there as budget allows.

IMAG1262.jpg IMAG1264.jpg

Looks good, You'll find plenty of projects to do and the tooling will pile up quicker than you think.

Using your "design", one could make a rather neat storage system for screwdrivers, pry bars, sockets, etc...

Thanks for the idea...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The oak piece is actually an inside corner filler for kitchen cabinets. It was leftover from installing a bunch of cabinets in my basement reloading shop. I just happen to be looking for wood to make a holder for my collets and found this piece. The length was perfect...just needed some hole bored. I drilled and tapped my table frame for 1/4-20 flat heads and got it done! Now I need to come up with a drawer/cabinet system to fit under the table. I have 24"x24"x30" or 32" to work with. Id like to have drawers stacked on one side and a door on the other with shelfs. Wish I could find something like what i want to stick under, free time to build one is hard to come by.

Nice rack. You might consider another location. I suspect you will be filling each of the tool bores with metal chips during milling.

Right idea - just needs a better location. :) I did something similar, but inside a drawer on a workbench nearby.....

Good work.

I have some 1/4" plexiglass laying around. I think I'm going to source a piano hinge the junk store(Lowes) and make a hinged top.

Back