Matt Hagan Don Schumacher Racing

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I don't follow FC drag racing but I am familiar with the driver & team. Pretty cool to see the sponsor on his car.

I remember there was a Nascar sponsored by Kennametal.

I don't what the rates are in drag racing, but a major sponsor in NASCAR would cost about 15M for that size of coverage.

These teams have very large machine shop operations to support the multi car teams they own.
The owner of Kalitta air is another amazing example. Started as a drag racer, then as a pilot he began flying automotive parts, he now has a whole fleet of aircraft. He invented the roller ball deck for moving pallets in the aircraft, and has FAA certification to machine any parts needed to rebuild his, and others jet engines in his own shops/hangers. I believe he has the hangers to do total refurbish/repairs to the aircraft themselves also. He can fly every aircraft he owns, amazing man. There was a documentary on the company, I can't recall the show.

if your interested

Last edited:
At $50 grand per 1000 ft , they need a lot of sponsors ! They roll their machine shops right into the pit area . Pretty cool operations they run .

Back