Maxima 17 ??

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
Yes I'm still looking for another lathe. I've always had a problem of over thinking a thing and missing out or talking myself out of something.

On another CL listing I inquired about a lathe in storage. No photos. No price given. I was told it was a "... Maxima 17 w/gear box, automatic lathe, end to end it measures 36 inches, working area appears to be 20 inches. this was my dads its a bench type used for home or small commercial jobs. it is very similar to the Baileigh model pl1022vs"

Baileigh is headquartered in Wisconsin I think and cost $1800 new. But I don't find any photos of the Maxima 17 or mention of it anywhere.

Its not as big as my SB9C from the description but it swings about 10" and is supposed to have power cross feed and quick change gears.

Anyone know about this lathe?

Sounds like a Grizzly G0752 - 10" x 22"

Sounds like a Grizzly G0752 - 10" x 22"

Thank You, I guess its similar to my Rong Fu 30 bench mill, alot of companys buy them then sell them as their own.

The next question is are they any good? I have an old worn out SB9C now. No quick change gears and no power cross feed. I don't want something so cheap it will only last a year or so. But something with a power cross feed and quick change gears would go a long way toward what I'd like to have. Its that or invest the money and down time into trying to refurbish the SB9.

Anyone use one or have commetary on their quality?

Back