Resolved Membership levels...

jhinze1970

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
So, I just got charged pay pal for gold annual membership.. I sent a DM to one of the admins, have heard nothing.

My account doesn't have gold status.. and quite frankly, didn't all last year either. How do we get this resolved and address last year?

@jhinze1970

I have nothing to do with the administration of this site.

However, I just came across your post above.
I see no responses. Has it been resolved?

If not I will "Report" it to the administrators and it will flag them to have a look.

Let me know.
-brino

Upvote 0
I think that it all got taken care of. Note that his Avatar now says that he is a Platinum donor. Whereas before it just said Registered.

Part of the problem is that the Avatar area at the left of any post is native (I think) to Xenforo and the Donation module is third-party. Or maybe they are both third-party. But in any case, the two don't talk to each other. So one of the Admins has to intervene manually in order for the system to work. There was talk of automating it somehow but that hasn't happened at least so far. The other part of the problem is that the donation system when first installed defaulted to automatic annual renewal. Quite a few complained and almost immediately the recurring payment part was changed to non-recurring. But a few members didn't follow up as most did and cancel the recurring payment feature from their side of the interface.

And incidentally, two or three members have commented, after going to the appropriate location in their PayPal account, that they had noticed one or more other recurring payments that they were either not aware of or had forgotten about. So let that be a general lesson for all of us. Check your PayPa; recurring payment status periodically.

Upvote 0
Back