Resolved Membership upgrade

aliva

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I've been trying to upgrade my membership since I received a notice a week ago.
I went to the link in the email notification selected my donation level, platinum $50.00 per year, the link won't work, message reads "item cannot be purchased at the moment." All the other donation levels seem to work. I don't want the $10, 25,100,150, 500.
If the platinum level is not available please remove the link

Last edited by a moderator:
aliva,

The response that you see on Platinum and on all of the others is at least in part due to how PayPal works. The reason that Platinum won't accept the order is that you are already a Platinum member within one year or less of having made that level of donation. Although I cannot determine the expiration date, you can. Click on your User ID up in the main toolbar. Then click on Membership Levels. Then scroll down to bottom of screen and there you will see the expiration date and your current donation level. Due to the way that the PayPal code works, you cannot renew earlier than the day shown or the day following (I am not certain which).

I don't disagree that it would be better if there was an explanation that showed up (Edit - that has been added). And/or if the system would let you renew early/extend the status. But it currently won't allow that. Most likely, that would require a modification that only PayPal could do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well finally an explanation. Thank you.
May I offer a couple of suggestions for the future.
An explanation on how the renewal system works (your description) located on the donation page. less confusing for us old people
A link to contact a administrator directly via PM.
Again thanks for the prompt reply and explanation.
On a side note I've never worked so hard to give someone my money;)

Upvote 0
Same here! I really wanted to continue my $50 yearly support but was only allowed to do $25.
Aaron

Upvote 0
I had the same problem, got explanation from staff, waited until the day after and renewed.

Upvote 0
Aaron,

To be sure that I understand, are you saying that it would not accept $50 but it did accept another amount (in this case $25)?

As you probably didn't know, I don't suppose that you then went to your account by clicking on your User ID and know whether or not for a brief period both $25 and $50 were at the bottom of the screen, and whether it showed both expiration dates or only the later one?

Upvote 0
I have added links to the donation page that will bring you to your Membership Account Status and to an instruction on how to extend your upgrade. Hopefully this helps. Thanks for your patience and for your ongoing donations to the membership.

Upvote 0
I checked my membership level shows that I'm good till Jan 2021.
I'll wait till January a see what happens

Upvote 0
OK. It appears as though the system is working as expected if not necessarily as preferred. :cool:

Upvote 0
Back