metric change gears for 1340 Enco

Dman1114

Active User
Registered
Hi... I'm looking for a set of change gears for my enco 110 1351.. anyone know who's gears will match or where to find some??

Enco sells replacement parts. Download the manual for your lathe from Enco's site so you can reference the number for the parts you need. Call to order, they will ask you for the lathe p/n & s/n so have that ready.

Or you can try ordering gears from Grizzly off a lathe similar to yours. The asian import 1340s are generally based the same & many parts will interchange.

I called enco and they don't have them... They are on back order from the manufacture for anywhere from 6 to who knows how many months

My initial thought was this looked like an incarnation of the venerable G4003.

but nope.

Enco uses change gears: 25 26 43 46 47 40 40 60
Grizzly uses change gears: 26 27 35 36 40 40 45 50

While some of these gears might work, without buying them it will be impossible to know if the shaft, with, tooth form is compatible.

You can see from the metric threading charts that the gear train is different (Enco left, Grizzly right):
Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 7.28.34 AM.png

I wonder if the same person drew up both gear charts? They look pretty similar.

Wttool's 3001-0020 13x40 lathe, while it looks similar, also uses a set of metric change gears that are even further away from what you need: 30 36 42 50 54 60 66 157

http://www.wttool.com/common/manuals/3001-0021-current.pdf

Guess this goes to prove the common assertion that these are all made in the same factory and given different paint jobs is far from true...

Any other candidates? The HF 12x37 is also way different (127T vs 80T as the center of the change gears).

Screen Shot 2014-08-01 at 7.28.34 AM.png

Last edited:
I just ordered some gears from this place : https://sdp-si.com/eStore/CoverPg/Gears.htm

You're gonna have to do some homework to figure out which pressure angle and size they are, but you should be able to figure that part out. Then order the gears you need . You'll probably have to bore them out for the shaft size, and you might have to cut down the shoulders and or the overall width of the gear . They have the best prices I've seen, and a very good selection. I think they have a faq section to help you figure out what you need. If not, I've found that info online with a Google search.

Back