Mill on the move

mf294-4

Active User
Registered
After sitting in the door way for six months and winter coming on, I finally got around of moving my mill. Not an easy task. My garage only looked like everyone eleses the day it was built. Had to haul off a load of junk to make room for it. I put an angle iron under each side and welded chains between them on each end for floor jacks to raise it. The first try I broke a chain and had to get a heavier one. Good thing I was only raising it 1/2 inch. I still had to use a come-along to move it. Tried to do it myself but had to get my son to help balance it to get it to move half way easy. I think it weighs about 3000#.

IMG_0023.JPG

good job---slow but sure and safe---you could put a 1/2" rod under it, and it will pull and turn easier

A few short sections of one inch pipe and it would move to where you want it fairly easily. Looks like a really nice machine too, so don't forget to post up project pics when you get it wired in and running again. Nothing in my opinion is more fun that installing and running a new machine for the first time in it's new home....Are you planning to do any restoration or painting to it over the long Canadian winter? Or do you already have a list of stuff you need to get done as soon as possible. That's what usually happens to me, I get it moved and set up and I cant resist doing at least a project or three to get started and never seem to get back to paint and restorative work till much later on. Good luck and good score on a very nice looking machine!!!

Bob

Back