Milling machine table height

i did this.
i would not recommend the caster that i used they have too much flex when the leveling pads are deployed.
the expanded foot print helps a lot and i like the ability to move it around to clean under it or work on it, just not happy with the amount of movement the leveling pads still allow. i just leave the rollers down now for about the same stability and the convenience of moving it when i need.

I'm surprised you had a problem with them. They appear to be the same units I used. Haven't been able to make them budge with the feet down. I know there are a couple different weight ratings on that type, but I can't remember if I got the heavy ones or light.

Edit: Here's the ones I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V1NTLDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm surprised you had a problem with them. They appear to be the same units I used. Haven't been able to make them budge with the feet down. I know there are a couple different weight ratings on that type, but I can't remember if I got the heavy ones or light.

Edit: Here's the ones I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V1NTLDP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
660lbs each or so they say, and to be honest i have no doubt about their weight rating it is just that the plastic in the leveling foot is thick and not rigid so it has enough give in it to move more than i like. I will probably get some hard plastic and machine some replacements, others told me this may be an issue but i already had them so trial and error is me.

other that this issue i really like this mod. and the added height puts the factory stand high enough that the table is just below elbow height for me.

Here is my bench mill on the stand I made up using a Greenlee job box. The table height is 43" above the floor. I am 5'10". It doesn't seem too high to me, as I can run the head up and down without too much trouble. I second the notion of making your bench wide, as the space is nice for tools and whatever....20240502_125631.jpg

Here is my bench mill on the stand I made up using a Greenlee job box. The table height is 43" above the floor. I am 5'10". It doesn't seem too high to me, as I can run the head up and down without too much trouble. I second the notion of making your bench wide, as the space is nice for tools and whatever....View attachment 488734
i purposefully made the legs wide enough to keep me from putting anything close to the sides or touching the stand i was having issues with vibrations knocking anything i layed down onto the floor as well as interfering with the handles on the table. i'm making hooks to hang things off on either side of the stand. i have 2 dedicated roll up tool boxes one on each side. this keeps the stuff from moving around.

BTW nice C7

Last edited:
Back