Mitsubishi And Korloy Ebay Inserts From China

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
I've been looking for some tcmt inserts and have run across box's of mitsubishi and korloy directly from china quite a bit on ebay. I've used korloy before in a different style and like them question is .is there anyway to make sure there not knockoffs i probaly dont know enough to really tell. anyone use and like the mitsubishi or try the bits that come straight from china thanks for any input :)

I don't know about the mitsubishi inserts from China direct but I bought some for my asx445 face mill stateside and they are great, it should be noted that the inserts I use are not carbide, they are cermets, they like heat, don't play well with coolant, the shock from rapid cooling can cause chipping.
If they are cheap there's not a whole lot of risk, I made an offer on some ccmt inserts that were mitsubishi cermets from China but never heard back from the guy, let us know if you get em and report your findings.

I've used Seco and Korloy inserts from Chinese sellers and I admit I was leery about them being knock offs, too. I don't know how to tell if they are or not. The ones I use (CCMT and CCGT) seem to work fine when compared to the ones I bought from Enco. My understanding is that the ebay inserts are old stock the Chinese bought up but it could also be some Chinese knock off artist starting that rumor!

Back