Mitutoyo solar caliper repair

Weldingrod1

Registered
Registered
In case someone else has one...
There is a rechargeable battery in the first generation ones. 500-451, 6" Calipers.
SeikoS614SE-FL28E is what you need, Mouser stocks them.
Original reads "SII SC609 MADE IN JAPAN"
31f652ff1598d866b9633be9c9029da8.jpg
5a1c2f679e805865096b4cbfdcaa00a9.jpg
372714965c15effe9417b8d57d0962c1.jpg
21800ed25874d6af1ac6e2a82c686b5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks, this will be useful some day

For the record, memory caps of the same dimension work rather nicely, and don't age out like a rechargeable battery does.

@addertooth did you try that? I was worried that the Voltage variation would mess with the circuit. The battery has a small change over much of its operating range, where the capacitor is linear.

In any case, I've got two more batteries in case I score another cheap one ;-)

Oh, and take note of the two Gold plated springs I am pointing at... it will save you going "where the #$$% do these go???"

@addertooth did you try that? I was worried that the Voltage variation would mess with the circuit. The battery has a small change over much of its operating range, where the capacitor is linear.

In any case, I've got two more batteries in case I score another cheap one ;-)

For solar operations in a shop, the linear curve is a very small problem. They design the solar charging to be enough to power the calipers to operate in a typical shop (if you have enough light to safely work, there is more than enough light to keep the memory capacitor charged above the threshold for operation). They battery exists to only briefly power the calipers as you are measuring a dimension inside of a darkened area.

In this, it is like the old solar powered calculators, if there is enough light to work, it is sufficient to carry the function of the calculator in most environments where you would be working. Now, if you are a machinist in a mine, or inside heat exchangers, this may not be true. You would be shocked at the storage capacity of the new memory capacitors, they have improved leaps and bounds.

Back