Mods To SKS

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
I got gored yesterday waiting for the parts to finish my AR15, So I decided it was a good day to start on the SKS receiver.
Machining.JPG
Here I'm checking the new mag well and its getting pretty close. After the machining is done then I need to do some welding on it and some mods to the trigger group.
Getting Close.JPG

Paul

Machining.JPG Getting Close.JPG

Bill there is not much you can do to improve the trigger pull on a SKS, About the only thing is to polish the sear and the trigger where it rest on the sear.

You can file some off the sear but be careful not to change the angle or take to much off. A SKS can get very unstable real fast.

Paul

You could check on youtube under SKS trigger jobs and see what you come up with. The one I'm working on I used for Deer hunting but now my disabilty won't let me hunt .

Paul

Thanks Paul, that's what I was afraid of, I was hoping you had some kind of magic to share. I know how quickly they can become unstable, some people actually try for that effect. Slam fire is not select fire.

bill

This info is for educational purpose only

There isn't away to make it select fire but it can be made full auto and it cyckes slow enough to shoot a 3 round burst.

Years ago I saw a movie on this subject wich is no longer avialble like a lot of other thing. Oh well thats the goberment for ya.

Paul

Back