Moisture in spindle

I just rebuilt my J-Head its fairly easy to disassemble it..... the spindle and most of the bearing are supposed to be oiled from factory but lot of people swap out the unsealed bearings with sealed bearing when they rebuild it.... My top half had its gits oilers filled with grease..... I hope you dont have the same luck......

You just need a good face spanner wrench, a press and some pins punches to disassemble the head.....

The bottom cup is for the spindle. The top is for the bull gear and upper bearings. So yes oil. But even if it was grease there would be no zerts. You hand pack them.
Ted

I'm aware of the 30% hand pack thing!

I just rebuilt my J-Head its fairly easy to disassemble it..... the spindle and most of the bearing are supposed to be oiled from factory but lot of people swap out the unsealed bearings with sealed bearing when they rebuild it.... My top half had its gits oilers filled with grease..... I hope you dont have the same luck......

This machine is pristine other than some dirt, ONE owner and well cared for. He got the Bport with a Bison shaft vise, a Palmgren 6" vise, an Enco 8" rotary table plus all of the R8 stuff for $2500. Not a single mark on the table!

Back