More amazingly big things

jpfabricator

Active User
Registered
I have some more pictures of stuff I think is cool.
View attachment 75867
This is a solid block of steel. To give you some comparison, the "block of wood" in front is a railroad cross tie. The machines in the back, are just the bases for giant stamping machines.

On the other end of town I saw a grinding wheel for a surface grinder.
uploadfromtaptalk1398950572701.jpg
Hope y'all find this as interesting as I did!
Jake Parker

uploadfromtaptalk1398950572701.jpg

Jake,
First Pic comes up as attachment 75867. But does not show when I clicked on it.
That's a pretty large grinding wheel but like they say everything is bigger in Texas .
:rofl::lmao::rofl:
***************G********************
P.S. That makes 400 posts for me.:blues:

That's a solid block???!!! Wow, who has a shaper THAT big? HYAH hah hahh

Bernie

I dont know, but I would like to have the block. I have no way of cutting it, but it would ne a great conversation piece.

Jake Parker

Heck you could grind the Eiffel Tower flat with that thing!!! :jester:

And as for that block! It reminds me of my workshop school project where we had to file about a 1" square cube to make a dice from a huge block.

I dont know, but I would like to have the block. I have no way of cutting it, but it would ne a great conversation piece.

Jake Parker

You could safely leave it out in the yard with no fear of the scrap thieves. Whenever you need a lump steel take your angle grinder out and whack one off.

Maybe use it as a parking bumpper. Put a sign on it that reads, do not hit severe bumper damage will occur!

Jake Parker

… then it will arrive a guy with a 12 axes CNC machine, took the block and carve it into an useless iPod stand, getting 1,2 millions of "ooh, impressive!" on YouTube.
:roflmao:

… then it will arrive a guy with a 12 axes CNC machine, took the block and carve it into an useless iPod stand, getting 1,2 millions of "ooh, impressive!" on YouTube.
:roflmao:

I figured they'd chuck it up in a 6 axis CNC machine and mill a block to go with that crank we saw saw turned out of bar stock recently. (How many axes can a mill usefully have? I suppose 12 is possible if you count 6 for the tool and 6 for the workpiece.)

Back