Motor Woes :(

Call the phone number on the motor; and ask for some advice on how to disassemble and clean. Maybe get an email address so you can send them photos?

Mike

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but I took some more quick pics. Note: the power feed is not installed but I have all the parts. Planning on moving the machine soon so I didn't set it up yet.

B01.JPGB02.JPGB03.JPG

B01.JPG B02.JPG B03.JPG

Is that motor cast iron? If so its a 50+ pounder. I used to live in Schenectady, NY GE still has a huge campus there. They used to employ like 70,000 workers, now its less than 3,000.

Yes, its cast and its heavy! I have seen GE in Schenectady from a distance, though only maybe 8 years ago. Used to live in Saratoga Springs.

I visited Jason and saw this motor. I think the motor runs nice after that initial puff. Starts up quickly runs smoothly after that.

The puff of smoke goes away after the first second, so I wouldn't think it was a brush sticking, but it does sound a little like a brushed motor when it is about to stop.

So cool to see a motor like this I haven't seen before!

Bernie

Here is a page from a 1921 GE catalog showing RSA motors-your exact model is not there, though.....

GE RSA MOtors-1921.jpg

GE RSA MOtors-1921.jpg

Back