Muzzle brakes

I would laugh... but I GOOed up a 10-22 a while back... My nephew gushed over it so I made it his first gun. Lets see... it could use a green laser and tooth up the break to make it an impact wep for CQB .... in for a penny...

Just and FYI on the GSG 110 round magazines. I had a chance to try it this weekend. They work (feed) really well AFTER you manage to get them loaded. For the first few rounds that are actually entering the rotor when you're loading make for a jam-tastic good time. The first time I loaded it, it bound up a bit...second time was worse..third was worse again. I did manage to get it loaded a 4th time, emptied that, and gave up. Again, this jamming occurs when you just start to load them. After you get a dozen rounds in there, it's pretty easy going. Once they're loaded, they run fine....just the initial few rounds. I'm going to mess around with it later on this week to see if there's something in there that's causing it...maybe it just needs a little oil ? Don't know. For the time being, hold off on buying one. I got talking to one of the guys from the range I was at, and he said that this is the second generation of these mags....the first ones, they sold 70 of them, and got ALL 70 returned. Perhaps things should have stayed on the drawing board a little longer. The one thing that I could see in it without taking it apart....there's a staple...as in, from your desk stapler...acting as a stop for the dummy rounds/spacers in it. Not screaming impressed with any mechanical device that uses a staple as an active part of it's internal workings....but hey...that's just me.

EDIT...a quick internet search shows that it's not just me that's having issues loading the things.

Last edited:
I made a muzzle brake for my 10-22 and I had problems with leading. I had to open the holes to correct it. Just something to watch out for.

My BIL has a 338 Lapua with a brake. We were shooting it at 1800 yards, forgot to put my ear plugs in just one time. Talkative bout ears ringing, didn't forget again.

Back