MVN Burke Mill where to buy parts?

SRR805

Registered
Registered
My mill is a 1968 MVN. Where's the best place to buy parts, specifically a belt.

Is there the paid version of the owners manual better or different then the free online downloadable version?

My mill is a 1968 MVN. Where's the best place to buy parts, specifically a belt.

Is there the paid version of the owners manual better or different then the free online downloadable version?
I owned one several years ago. Tony at lathes.uk has a lengthy article about them; might help. Concerning belt " twist to lock" has been a go to for me.

I have a ‘68 MVN as well and love it. You can get some parts from DC Morrison http://dcmorrison.com/index.html#about

For the belt, it is a 7M900, you can get that from any belt supplier. I bought mine from McMaster-Carr.
Thanks for the info. I just looked on mmc and they don't have part # listed but google brought me to gates who I've bought from before. Since we have the same year mill, curious if you installed a dro and if so, what did you go with? Are there any youtube specific channels you've found about or using the MVN mill?

Sorry, I think I screwed up and bought the belt for my lathe at McMaster-Carr and the mill belt elsewhere. The belt number is the industry number for it, I believe I searched online and found a place that has a large selection of belts and got it there, I’m drawing a blank on the name of the place.

I do have a DRO installed, but only on the X axis right now. I was trying to figure out how to best install the Y axis scale when I discovered it was broken and haven’t gotten around to buying a replacement yet. For the X scale, I mounted it on the front so that I do not loose any Y travel. I don’t have a power feed on it yet, so didn’t need to worry about having a stop installed on the front. I figure I can find a way to do that when the time comes.

I haven’t found much on the Burke online, but there was a YouTube channel that had a good video on his Millrite. I can’t recall the name of the channel, if I find it, I will post the link.

Back