My 1340GT Story

Congratulations Jake. All’s well that ends well.

I totally understand the reluctance to transfer warranty on used equipment since provenance of upkeep could be questionable.

But I do agree that warranty on new equipment should transfer - with the possible imposition of a fee that discourages arbitrage. PM makes a profit on a newly sold/delivered machine no matter who ends up with it, so supporting the end user with a warranty is no additional cost to them and would contribute to PM’s reputations value.

Setting that aside, your resourcefulness paid off nicely. I still think you have an alternate day job opportunity finding under valued equipment for others. I could do with an Acra LCM-50, so keep an eye out please. ;)

Setting that aside, your resourcefulness paid off nicely. I still think you have an alternate day job opportunity finding under valued equipment for others. I could do with an Acra LCM-50, so keep an eye out please. ;)
Too funny David! We both know that at least half of my deal finding acumen is due to you ;)

My RF-45 would not be sitting in my shop now if it were not for your help!

Good job Jake, very nice find! Sounds like you and your friend both scored!

I can't believe I let this one get away. I was the first person to respond to that ad. But for me it was a ways farther and a little more money than I wanted to spend at the time. Stupid me! I kick my self now every time I think about it. I know my wife is tired of me complaining about passing it up. I can't blame her, she told me to do it, but, no, I had to be logical! I wondered if I would see it pop up on here. Not sure I'm glad it did. Brings all the pain to the surface once again. Congratulations on a great deal. I'm happy for you. Well kinda, I'm trying to.

I can't believe I let this one get away. I was the first person to respond to that ad. But for me it was a ways farther and a little more money than I wanted to spend at the time. Stupid me! I kick my self now every time I think about it. I know my wife is tired of me complaining about passing it up. I can't blame her, she told me to do it, but, no, I had to be logical! I wondered if I would see it pop up on here. Not sure I'm glad it did. Brings all the pain to the surface once again. Congratulations on a great deal. I'm happy for you. Well kinda, I'm trying to.
It’s a small world after all! I feel for you as I’ve been there a few times in my life as well.
These things can be a conundrum for sure……. “Look before you leap” vs. “He who hesitates is lost”.
I understand the distance issue as well, I don’t care to drive much anymore but for me this was less than a third the distance that I had to go for my mill.

Edit: Looking at the map, I wouldn’t have made the trip either in your situation.

Back