My First Kennedy Boxes!!

Codered741

Active User
Registered
Hello all,

I finally found my first set of Kennedy boxes on CL, picked them up this morning!

Photo Jul 16, 3 00 52 PM.jpg

They are in Great condition, with normal wear and tear. Not much needed to get it useable, just a wipe down. I might re-felt the drawers at some point, they were re-done at some point, not very well.

Anyone know how to tell when this box was made? Just curious. I do need to order some new locks, the ones on it have no keys...

My grandfather had a set like this, they were given away before he passed. I like to think he would be happy with my purchase.

-Cody

FYI: In the background you can see my other toolboxes, all built by myself. (OK, not the craftsman box on top of the small one) Great boxes, but really needed the little drawers in the Kennedy boxes. And they look Old School.
:roflmao:

Photo Jul 16, 3 00 52 PM.jpg

Kennedy used to sell keys direct. There is a number on each lock. Look on the back. If you decide to replace them anyway, get the tubular key style. Nearly impossible to pick, unlike those originals. 3 mins tops to open them.

My grandfather had a set like this, they were given away before he passed. I like to think he would be happy with my purchase.

Isn't it great when dreams come true?
Congratulations!

Daryl
MN

Kennedy's are cool, I have a mid box with no lid, it is designed for another box to sit on top of it, I use for mechanics tools in my garage. I think I need to get a new mechanics box and move the kennedy next to the mill and lathe for my machinist tools and stuff. Congrats on your find.

Hello all,

I finally found my first set of Kennedy boxes on CL, picked them up this morning!

View attachment 57270

They are in Great condition, with normal wear and tear. Not much needed to get it useable, just a wipe down. I might re-felt the drawers at some point, they were re-done at some point, not very well.

Anyone know how to tell when this box was made? Just curious. I do need to order some new locks, the ones on it have no keys...

-Cody
FYI: In the background you can see my other toolboxes, all built by myself. (OK, not the craftsman box on top of the small one) Great boxes, but really needed the little drawers in the Kennedy boxes. And they look Old School.
:roflmao:

I have two Kennedy's, a tool chest and a two drawer raiser that goes under the chest. I think there is a serial number either on the inside lid or drawer. Can't remember, mine are in storage. Yours look good

Back