My first (online) machine tool auction!

Yeah, the key does look like an original Bison in the video. That would be easy to fix to put a new handle on it.

Wow, your score just keeps getting better & better! :encourage:

Wow, you did seriously good at that auction. You may have just barely noticed them but those Starrett machinists jacks are really fine tools. Most of the old ones are color case hardened, more art than tool. My Starrett parallel clamps are color case hardened, too. Starrett made some really fine stuff back in the day.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Gerstner could restore that tool chest to like new condition. Might be worth a phone call.

Congrats! You did really good on this one - all that for a relatively paltry sum!

I'll bet that bent handle is a piece of unhardened drill rod. I made one like that once, bent it right away.

Wow, you did seriously good at that auction. You may have just barely noticed them but those Starrett machinists jacks are really fine tools. Most of the old ones are color case hardened, more art than tool. My Starrett parallel clamps are color case hardened, too. Starrett made some really fine stuff back in the day.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Gerstner could restore that tool chest to like new condition. Might be worth a phone call.

Congrats! You did really good on this one - all that for a relatively paltry sum!

Thank you! I noticed them for sure! I have done quite a few milling operations where I knew I needed a machinist jack for support, but didn't have any. Those Starrett ones jumped out at me right away. When I went to ebay and saw them listed for around $60 a box, I knew I was getting a good deal on them with so many in the lot! So yeah, I definitely keyed in on them right away!

It's nice to get confirmation though. I thought I did pretty good on this auction, but I'm just a newbie. What do I know!? haha! I'm just excited to have chucks for the new lathe that mount right up- and nice Bisons at that!

Back