My Gantry Cranecrane

Jason Annen

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Got tired of using the backhoe and my back to move things around, so I built this.

Used a W8x18 main beam, with 4" sq by 1/4" wall vertical tubing, with more of the W8 for the bottom. Have about 10' clearance on height, and about 11' of usable width. 4400 lb trolley, with a 2 ton Dayton electric hoist. The caster's are each good for 2600 lbs.

IMG_20160419_190210468.jpg IMG_20160419_190156150_HDR.jpg IMG_20160419_190133833_HDR.jpg

Jason

Very nice. :beer mugs: I envy you guys that have the space To have a shop like that.

Nice. What happens when you get off the concrete pad.

Nice build on the gantry crane, I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of it. I have a trolley beam the length of my shop inside and use it all the time. Your right when you say it saves your back, My heavy lifting days are over.

I know you'll use it more then you think. I put a 6" x 6" box tubing in the ground about 7' and welded a plate on top then mounted a jib crane on that. I find all kinds of things that need to be picked up or lifted to be worked on. Also like you I want to build a gantry crane to roll in the shop for lifting. looks like you did a great job on it be proud of it .

I love it! I wish I had all that room!

I use a tiny skyhook on a modified base in my basement shop.

I have a sliding barn door channel bolted to a reinforced ceiling joist running the full length of my shop with a HF electric hoist fitted to the rollers for the channel.
Bill

Looks "hell for stout", should prove to be very useful tool. Mike

Back