My MX-600A lathe stopped working.

Sakuraknight9274

Registered
Registered
Hi everybody! I have a MX-600A metal lathe, and I recently replaced the cheap bearings with higher quality ones.

After I put it back together I left the speed sensor disconnected from the potentiometer and it ran just fine. I turned off the power and put everything back together. Then when I turned it on again the motor wouldn't work.

The blue LCD screen was completely blank and the lathe did nothing.

What happened? Did I burn something up inside?

I miss using my lathe. I hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• 20221021_160142.jpg
    20221021_160142.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20221018_142245.jpg
    20221018_142245.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 20221018_142101.jpg
    20221018_142101.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20221021_160149.jpg
    20221021_160149.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 93
I’m not familiar with your lathe but I am seeing the gear cover off in your pictures. Did it run previously with no cover on? Sometimes there is a safety switch or sensor that needs to see those covers in place before the machine will turn on.

Did you plug in the speed sensor backwards perhaps?
Take a closer look- maybe try unplugging the speed sensor
I believe the tachometer is a separate system from the speed control but they might share a power supply

If it really seems to be broken there's always Pete the repairman:
www.olduhfguy.com

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with your lathe but I am seeing the gear cover off in your pictures. Did it run previously with no cover on? Sometimes there is a safety switch or sensor that needs to see those covers in place before the machine will turn on.

Yes. I ran it without the gear cover on. My lathe doesn't have any safety shut off features except for the emergency stop button.

I believe the tachometer is a separate system from the speed control but they might share a power supply

www.olduhfguy.com

www.olduhfguy.com
I don't know if I put it on backwards. I check it out.

Back