my new lathe

...Mount it to a sturdy bench and put a cheap pan or a piece of sheet metal under the machine to help with clean up. ...

Anyone know of a good choice and source for a "cheap pan" as mentioned by Bill C.?

For my Atlas 618, welded up a bench/dolly frame from angle, on 3" casters, with 24" x 48" x 2.25" (3 x 3/4", 7-ply radiata pine) plywood slab top. Tool drawers not made yet. It ain't elegant or fancy, except to the extent that it was cheap, easy and works great. Could post details and pictures to new thread if any interest, then update when I can finish it in the spring.

Anyone know of a good choice and source for a "cheap pan" as mentioned by Bill C.?

For my Atlas 618, welded up a bench/dolly frame from angle, on 3" casters, with 24" x 48" x 2.25" (3 x 3/4", 7-ply radiata pine) plywood slab top. Tool drawers not made yet. It ain't elegant or fancy, except to the extent that it was cheap, easy and works great. Could post details and pictures to new thread if any interest, then update when I can finish it in the spring.

Well duh, you know we got's to have our pictures! Chop, Chop with the pics! :biggrin:

Back