My small but usefull lathe

gt403cyl

Registered
Registered
as far as machine tools go, this is my what i use, its a Craftex 7"x8", sold by Busy Bee here in Canada.

here is how it currently sits on the bench, i have upgraded to a QCTP, replaced the loose plastic travel handles with very nice fitting brass and cleaned and adjusted for some decent tolerances for what it is
IMG_0131-1.jpg
IMG_0132-1.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg

here is how it looked new
P1060454.jpg
P1060459.jpg
P1060467.jpg

GT

thats a lot nicer than the harbor freight 7x10 and it has metal gearing
very nice and useful, that beat my sherline
steve

Thanks, only "problem" if found with this machine so far is the gibs for the cross feed like to back out even with the jam nuts tight. Over the years the cheap hardware has become too soft for the slotted driver to adjust them so I'm changing the screws out for longer allen grub screws.

I actually disassembled the cross feed completely yesterday afternoon, surprising how much **** gets down the there! It performed SOOO much better after a good cleaning, only been 3yrs, lol

were there recesses on the gib for the adjusting screws to settle into so the gib wont slide out?
steve

Yes the screws sit in a recess on the gibs the screws are turned down where they contact the gibs the screws are 4-8x18mm I'm going to 4-8x20mm at minimum maybe longer.

good that will stop the gib from sliding out
steve

Back