My wife ran across these

Side note: Tesla drivers are more likely to be in a crash than nearly anyone else.

Fisher-Price toys are selected by cautious parents because they are made from non-toxic materials, have all the sharp edges removed, and are too large to fit in a baby's mouth. Bad drivers see Tesla cars the same way- as a safe bet. Trust me, there are a million of them in my state, and the people behind the wheel seem to be able to sleep with their eyes still open.

There was an electric car marketed in Europe 20 or more years ago with a speaker that made a motor sound because otherwise pedestrians were unaware the silent car was coming.

All of the electric cars sold have noisemakers in them. They sound like disc brakes coasting along after the pads have worn to bare metal. As one of the rare Americans who walks further than the distance between couch and fridge or parking lot to frozen food aisle at Costco each day, I really do appreciate it. Why do people say the word pedestrian as if they just bit into a lemon?

That's wild. All the electrics that I hear sound like they have two cast impellers running against each other and make a whirring hiss noise. I'll have to pay attention next time I see a Bolt. I like the idea of silent cars, but I have enough trouble being seen in the middle of a crosswalk to worry over checking my six constantly for stealth killers.

Back