Myford

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
I hear that Myford is either shutting down operations or reorganizing.

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

Thanks,

Nelson

Selling off stuff this weekend at the factory it seems.

Stop by after lunch with William & Kate.

Sad day if true. A Super 7's always been high on my Lotto List.

PaulS

Last edited by a moderator:
RDG Tools is taking over the operation, I spoke to one of there guys yesterday 28/07/11, So it`s not all bad.
Darren

From RDG tools site,
Dear Customers, We would just like to confirm that we have aquired the spares and the Myford Name and Moulds to reproduce the machines, and will be offering a Myford E-Commerce website in approx 3-4 months, This will run seperate from RDGTools,
Parts for this Myford Company will be made in the UK as before.

Please be Patient, If you require help please email only as we have a large task ahead of us.
Thankyou for your support.
Paul

I have heard mixed reviews about RDG. I believe they make a test bar for leveling a lathe.

It certainly seems that Myford priced themselves out of business, as good as their machines were.

Nelson

Certainly not good news for us guys who have a Myford, & want spares at some stage, I wonder how accurate and good RGD spares will be ? however good luck to the guys I for one will be happy if "Back Up" is one of these days up and running again

I have had my Myford now for about 16 years, it has been a good lathe, and is the second one i have owned over the last 40 years. Both were second hand machines My present machine is in good condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back