Need Help With Air Impact Wrench

I use a Mac Tools AW 480Q impact. Trouble free and very powerful.

My preference is Ingersoll Rand. I have a 1/2" and a 3/8" that I've had for many years and use quite a bit. They've never let me down, and I've had no problems with them. I live in Madison, too. Georgia, that is. Down here, humidity can be a problem, so I agree with Bob Korves: OIL 'em. I don't oil mine every day (it's rare that I use them 'all' day), but I do oil them regularly.

FWIW, on the other side of the spectrum, I have a friend that usually buys HF stuff. He's VERY rough on his tools. He doesn't buy them to look at 'em, and he works on a lot of heavy equipment (large tractors, semi's, etc.), so he's often replacing tools. The two that have never let him down are his HF 3/4" impact and his 1" impact. Those are real workhorses and you need to be paying attention when using them. They can hurt you. In his experience (and mine, the few times I've borrowed them), they seem to be holding up quite well. But for 1/2" on down, I think I'd be more inclined to stick with the name brand stuff.

Regards,
Terry

i've been turning wrenches professionally for 48 years. IR was always my go to gun. later on the composite snap on. the last several years it has been impossible to hire someone that has tools so i bought the hf earthquake for them. one, used daily, is 2 years old and still going. very few things from hf i like but i have to give it up on this one. don't like the ergonomics tho'. i keep bumping the for/rev sw.
i run 175# air. i like air tools to work.

After doing some searching i got an aircat 1100 K that's been great for me I don't use it everyday mostly used working on my truck and trailers some metal work etc my neighbor found me a nice IR someone tossed in a junk pipe that just needs the rebuild kit from help I got on here gonna rebuild that for a backup eventually

Last edited by a moderator:
Back