Need Help With Tubing Thread Size

Actually they are hollow, the threads is all the way through.

Actually they are hollow, the threads is all the way through.
Interesting. This may be a possibility then.

I wish the drawing showed the threads going thru. Looks like u have to order 50 of them.

Interesting. This may be a possibility then.

I wish the drawing showed the threads going thru. Looks like u have to order 50 of them.

If you look at the 3D view in the upper right, it does show the threads through. I have a few of the 5/16 ones kicking around somewhere and they are threaded through.

That just means that you will have 49 spares for the next project. :grin:

The other option is to just make one out of a bolt. A 5/16 bolt would make exactly what you want. Just cut off the threads, drill & tap for what you want.

Yes you're right. I missed that.

Actually buying 50 is not a big deal, as I plan to be making more than just one of these.

Regarding making my own part, you have no idea how much I wish I had a lathe..

Regarding making my own part, you have no idea how much I wish I had a lathe..

A lathe would be ideal, but you could easily do it with a vise, a hacksaw, and an electric drill (or even a hand cranked drill)

Thanks to you guys, I am much closer to finishing this project (in my head anyway) than I thought I would be at this point. Many many thanks.

I want to get an adjustable die holder and am looking at the Irwin Hansen 11026 and 12428. Do you guys have any experience with these and/or have other recommendations?

Back