Need milling machine oiler help

Al Wooley

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone. I was hoping I could get some education on manual pump oilers for nilling machines. I have a Shizouka AN-S that I'm going through and am starting to look at the manual pump oiler that is on it. I disconnected the fitting on the right hand side up top by the spindle, ( shown in pic. Please note that lines to the fittings are all painted same colour as the machine and the silver rod you can see is just a pick tool I used to point at it.) pumped it a few times and a small amount of oil came out along with what I'm assuming is grease? I did that a few times and the line dripped steady in relation to the pump action, but now nothing.

I'm not up to speed with the names of the parts so forgive me. I've got the brass fitting that's tapped into the casting of the mill that will flow when I remove it and fill the orifice with find machine oil. The coupler above it in the pic doesn't seem to work the same and again it seems like grease but I'm not sure..

Is this a situation where trying to resurrect this system is a nightmare and best to replace it all? Or is there a way to flush this with spirits at each point by disconnecting machine fittings and flushing lines only? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Al20210103_092719.jpg20210103_092943.jpg20210103_092954.jpg

You need a clean the system
grease is due to old oil (sitting for a while)
you can use shop air and clear all the lines ( each separateply)
then reconnect and refill and prim

You need a clean the system
grease is due to old oil (sitting for a while)
you can use shop air and clear all the lines ( each separateply)
then reconnect and refill and prim
Thank you. I've read that you can't blow air through the metering valves and I was concerned. I'll get going on putting air through them. Thank you again!

Dont blow through the meters. Only blow the lines, if you are going to.

Jon

Back