Need PM-935TS Base Dimensions

poorboy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi I have a PM-935TS on the way (its actually at Precision Mathews now) and I am trying to make a stand for the mill.

I had a couple of quick questions concerning the base:

1) Can someone please confirm the base width and length (the description states 19" wide and 32" long) ?
2) Any one know the approximate height of the base ? I would like to go ahead and order a threaded rod before the mill arrives.
3) Are the holes in the base actually threaded 3/4-10 (as the description states) ?

Thanks

Adam

The base at the bottom (it’s slightly tapered moving upward) is 19” wide and 32” deep. You can see details on the holes in the base at the following link. Read the details with each photo for descriptions. Let me know if you need more specific info. I used ¾-10 threaded rod.

The holes are not threaded and the base is essentially hollow with the casting walls about ½” thick at the base. With everything removed as shown in this photo, the base weighs about 350-400 pounds.

Okay thanks for letting me know about the holes not being threaded. Would you by chance remember the length of the threaded rod that you used for each hole ?

thanks

Adam

See the attached drawing for precise dimension including base height. Because the holes in the base were just a bit too small for 3/4" threaded rod, I used 5/8" to attach the L-Angle support plates, and 3/4" diameter leveling feet. Details shown below:

screenshot_5333.jpg

screenshot_5334.jpg

Attachments

• PM935 DRO and CAD drawings.pdf
    361 KB · Views: 83
Thank you - I have all the information that I need now.

Adam

Back