New Enco 712N Bandsaw 7x12"

Dutch

Active User
Registered
The Enco manual shows Model 712N and G0561 which is a Grizzly number.

PD137-3175 7"X12" 4 SPEED HORIZ/VERT BANDSAW
Sub Total $623.96
Shipping $.00
Tax $45.24
P/S Total $669.20

There was a 20% promo code and it was advertised with free freight. It currently lists for $943.93 http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPDFF?PMPAGE=534&PMCTLG=00

I bought this 2 months ago. The buying experience from Enco couldn't have been better. The bandsaw arrived with no damage whatsoever, shipped from Georgia to Northern California.
Though there was something in the purchasing about "liftgate" and $75 there was no such charge. The trucking outfit called my cell and I met the truck in town and slide off his liftgate into my pickup.

There was a little plastic ziplock with a very thin wafer of steel with some felt pen writing on it. It was a test cut from the factory and it was perfect. It was about 1/16" thick.
I bought two carbon steel blades as cheap spares for $10 each and one U.S. made bi-metal HSS for $26 (sale catalog).
So far I've been very pleased with this machine and would recommend it to anyone. I've not setup the coolant tank yet. I did buy a gallon of coolant.....

DSCF3536-vi.jpg

DSCF3536-vi.jpg

DSCF3536-vi.jpg

Dutch

Looks like you got yourself a nice saw. That must be a sale price you bought it at?
That looks much like my 7X12 Craftex saw. Mine did come with the coolant set up, but I havnt used the coolant since I cleaned out the tank a few yrs back. I found the mess I had to clean up after using the coolant wasnt worth the hassle. I allways stay near by the saw when cutting, and just brush on the cutting oil as needed. Flood coolant is nice to have, but the mess involved I didnt like much. I also dont care much for those water based coolant mixes, but hey, to each there own.

You got a good deal on that saw. I paid more than hat for mine back in 08

Paul

Back