NEW Hermie breakout board suggestions?

angelalyn1975

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice when converting a gravograph Is400? We're going to be using it for both metal and wood, we do not want nor do we need to use that software as I was very unhappy with it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are newbies.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Welcome Aboard!

You ask a really open ended question, you could spend a couple hundred to thousands on a new control system. There is a bit more to it than just installing a breakout board and new operating software. On the low end Mach3 for the software would make the most sense even though it's obsolete but still available, has a huge user base, and is well user supported. The hardware options are numerous and available.

I'm not familiar with the electrics of the Gravograph, but I assume it would be adaptable to most controllers. Knowing what axis motors and drives are installed would be helpful.

Hi.... I would like the most cost effective and user easy option. It's mainly for small business jewelry and small wood items.
I am attaching some specs
I was looking into buying a ready made small one, but I but it just seems that I'd be purchasing the same machine smaller.

Hi.... I would like the most cost effective and user easy option. It's mainly for small business jewelry and small wood items.
I am attaching some specs
I was looking into buying a ready made small one, but I but it just seems that I'd be purchasing the same machine smaller.

I don't see any attached specs. Some pictures of the inside of control box would be really helpful. We'll be happy to help you get going again, but right now not enough information. I'm also following your posts on the CNCZone forum so I understand the history of the machine.

Back