New lathe is possessed

My respect to those here,

I bought a 600mm Vevor machine on Ali-express, which I kept with appropriate compensation, I sold it after informing the buyer about the defects. After that I bought the MX-S716G. If I find this forum first, I will definitely not buy. Since I found it mechanically fine, I kept it with $260 (price 883$) compensation. The agreement was reached after more than 10 exchanges of letters, I threatened them with the EU review body. Rewiring the electrical wiring is easy, the On/Off switch must be connected directly from the spindle protection switch. The wire of the direction changer that goes to the On/Off switch must be thrown away, For me, this wire is red. After that, there is normal mode,no need to mess with the direction switch to work properly. Switching sequence Green button, main spindle stop , display lights up or shows the revolution. Unfortunately, it also rotates at 126/minute by default, there is no 0 position. I installed a spare switch which interrupts or closes the input wire of the direction changer (R - L switch). This is how I exclude immediate spindle rotation after switching on. I am currently building the digital threading (automatic feed), so the end of the spindle is bare. Sorry, the comment was a bit long. Regards, Imre from Hungary

Since the main spindle was noisy, I disassembled it, After removing the 2-claw nut, the end of the main spindle can be removed by hitting it with a soft metal. It is worth filling the bearings with excellent lubricating grease, because the factory lubrication is weak.

Attachments

• IMG_20240403_090857.jpg
    IMG_20240403_090857.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240403_090917.jpg
    IMG_20240403_090917.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 28
IMO the direct drive will be a roadblock to tweaking this lathe and I would recommend moving to a better foundation, I personal dont buy lathes from Vevor (a lot of other stuff but not lathes) I went with an upgraded 9X24 off of ebay. you can read about my adventure here:

Since the main spindle was noisy, I disassembled it, After removing the 2-claw nut, the end of the main spindle can be removed by hitting it with a soft metal. It is worth filling the bearings with excellent lubricating grease, because the factory lubrication is weak.
Hmm, the motor is integrated into the spindle. I didn't realize they were doing this but shouldn't really be surprised. It's a whole new level of cheap.

Hmm, the motor is integrated into the spindle. I didn't realize they were doing this but shouldn't really be surprised. It's a whole new level of cheap.
It probably wouldn't be that big an issue, except for the particular vendor. Not known for supporting their stuff all that well.

IMO the direct drive will be a roadblock to tweaking this lathe and I would recommend moving to a better foundation, I personal dont buy lathes from Vevor (a lot of other stuff but not lathes) I went with an upgraded 9X24 off of ebay. you can read about my adventure here:
I didn't have the patience to play with it, my order was MX-600B, I got YS-600A instead. ALI offered 1/3 of the purchase price, I accepted and sold it as a defective machine. I closed with a positive balance. After that, I bought an MX-S716G 400mm machine from the European representative of Vevor. There is a mechanical difference between heaven and earth, which is analogous to the state of the two machines. Without the errors mentioned in my comments, I would have been completely satisfied. I fixed his electrical faults, and with the refund I received from the purchase price, the deal closed positively for me.

Attachments

• Ho Masin 1.jpg
    Ho Masin 1.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 12
It probably wouldn't be that big an issue, except for the particular vendor. Not known for supporting their stuff all that well.

I'm betting the torque is not the best with that integrated inrunner setup regardless of which vendor it comes from. Won't be as good as a separate brushless or even the more conventional DC motor.

I didn't have the patience to play with it, my order was MX-600B, I got YS-600A instead. ALI offered 1/3 of the purchase price, I accepted and sold it as a defective machine. I closed with a positive balance. After that, I bought an MX-S716G 400mm machine from the European representative of Vevor. There is a mechanical difference between heaven and earth, which is analogous to the state of the two machines. Without the errors mentioned in my comments, I would have been completely satisfied. I fixed his electrical faults, and with the refund I received from the purchase price, the deal closed positively for me.
glad it worked out for you!

BTW how is the integrated motor working out? would you buy one again?

BTW how is the integrated motor working out? would you buy one again?
Definitely not! I don't know much yet, I reversed a few things, there was no problem with the torque, the rotation is stable even under load. In terms of possibilities In the following, I would buy a belt drive. In this size, the brushless motor was the reason for the choice, I don't like DC drive. I am currently building the digital drawbar Serious tests take place after the completion of the ELS. Unfortunately, parts are slow to come from China. The picture shows the controller.

Attachments

• Vezérlő1.jpg
    Vezérlő1.jpg
    613.3 KB · Views: 8
Back