New Memeber with PM-1340ET Question

panheadchuck

Registered
Registered
Hi,
My name is Charlie and thanks for letting me join here. My frst lathe was a 1340gt and mill pm -45M variable . I recently saw what looks to be and was told was unused 2012 PM 1440 ET ? Could be the stamping messed up . its a decent deal with all the bells and whistles . anyway if anyone has any info on it or if the stamp just cut the G in half and looks like E . I look forward to learning alot from you guys and hopefully contributing the little i know .

Attachments

• PM-1440ET Lathe tag .jpg
    PM-1440ET Lathe tag .jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 62
A number of distributors import various version of this lathe, looks to be the same as the Eisen 1440E, the T is most likely for Taiwan. PM did/does special orders on some lathes not listed on their site, I purchased my lathe from them and was a one-off order so probably where the PM-1440ET nomenclature comes from. They are from the same Taiwanese manufacture that makes the 1340/1440GT, and are very well built. If you can get it at a reasonable price, it would be a very nice lathe assuming nothing is damaged.

Attachments

• 1440E.pdf
    859.4 KB · Views: 44
I would jump on that, depending on the price. Where is it? LOL.

Also, if I remember correctly, there was another post on this forum that had "PM" on a tag, but it wasn't a Precision Matthews. I could be mistaken, but maybe others will chime in. Regardless, it looks like a very nice lathe that is made in Taiwan. Buy it. You're welcome :grin: momoney

Oh, and welcome to Hobby Machinist. Glad to have you on board! :welcome:

Looks like this same machine, or at least the same model the same year etc is for sale at:

@panheadchuck If this not the same one that you are looking at then maybe you could at least get a price comparison.

i figured it out , its a brand new eisen 1440E two speed three phase , i bought it be cause it was a good deal but really wanted a 16x40 . when it got to Colorado from Cali ( in one day i might add) it looked way too modern to be a 2012 and the wax is still on the lead screw. came with phase 2 quick change , six BXA ho;ders . tapaer turn , face plate, 4 pos and micro carriage stop , dro , coolant system . live center , etc . i called the dealer because it is stamped pM 440et . and PM told me its not theirs , and came with a new ad 7.5 hp rotary phase converter they are going to refund me and send a truck for it on monday . HOWEVER thats when i thought it was a china lathe . i have a 1340 gt ,this is just a heavier version and all my goodies like bison chuck and collet closer will fit this lathe . Because its retains the same spindle i have on my 1340 gt ,. its made in the same factory as PM but i dont think the standards are as strict. but its still not a China Machine . I was going to order a 1640 tl on Monday , but depending on how much they refund me , i may keep this guy and sell my 2012 1340 gt its got the taper attachment as well but ive never once used it. so i Need to hear what they have to say Monday and either get my 16x40tl or keep this 1440 2 speed.

Just following up. What did you pay and what did you end up doing? I posted a thread previously with photos and price in what I bought. Where are you in Colorado? I'm west of Denver.

Back