Resolved New posts, Mark forums read

Bob Korves

Platinum
Rest In Peace
When I am done looking at new posts on the "New posts" page, I then click the "Mark forums read" button. I can then go back and check the "New posts" page, and all have been changed to no longer be in bold print. Great. But I might go back to do that again after looking at a few more forums for a short time, and when I go back to the "Mark forums read" page, there is often a whole page of messages I have already marked read, sometimes going back to the day before. Yes, some messages will come back because there has been an additional message posted to the thread in the time between marking them read and coming back, but I get a big long list of stuff in bold, like I have been away for 12 hours. Annoying. No way have that many messages been updated in the few minutes until I come back, and I have checked them, no new posts, just went back to bold. Usually it works correctly, but often it does not. Or, maybe I am missing something...

Bob, I've spent some time today and looked at this six ways to sunset. I'm just not able to replicate this behavior the way you describe, EXCEPT to say that when I come back later, YES - there are threads that appear unread because somebody responded. And it does appear to be a lot of threads.

But when I look at them, it all seems legit...?

I think I need to have a couple of other mods take a look and it would be good to hear from other members who may or may not see the same thing as Bob. It may in fact be that you are missing something, but I guess I could say the same thing about my observations today. I'm feeling like this is just a subjective problem, but want to give it an honest look as well.

My test was trying to figure out where it became annoying to me in the way you described it. I'm not quite there yet! Give me a couple more days and we will see if anything is looking/feeling strange. Thanks for your patience.

Back