New Stuff In The Shop

A chair is something else that I am going to locate. I am thinking that a place to sit and work is better than standing. Sore feet and legs don't contribute to taking ones time and not hurrying through things.
Agreed. The time I've spent on mine in the last week has convinced me to raise the entire machine about 3 inches. Maybe the width of a 2x3. I bend just enough to make my back hurt. And the most appropriate stool I have is likewise too tall. I agree that this will improve the quality and performance of the machine.

Good luck with the end mill grinding. Will look forward to seeing how you do after a little practice. Mike

cutter1_zpshnrcur76.jpg

cutter2_zpsvzwrijt0.jpg

Well, I haven't perfected this yet but it's getting better. I didn't roach this one on the sides. The end, well,,, it could be better.

But progress is still progress. I have done a couple others that the end was good but the flutes were roached. So I have this working in theory and will continue to get better. Next thing is get back to my grinder project for doing lathe bits.

I also have a question. I have a Rochelua grinding fixture on the tool grinder. Should I be mounting that with a basic bench grinder and not the big machine or does it really matter?

cutter1_zpshnrcur76.jpg

cutter2_zpsvzwrijt0.jpg

cutter1_zpshnrcur76.jpg

cutter2_zpsvzwrijt0.jpg

cutter1_zpshnrcur76.jpg

cutter2_zpsvzwrijt0.jpg

Back