Resolved New Webpage Format For Ads???

rwm

Robert
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am now seeing a new page layout where the adds take up a lot of real estate. The ads are appearing in line with the threads which are usually more compact. I have attached an image.
Is everyone getting pages displayed this way? It is annoying since it pushes entries off the page? Is this a setting I don't know about?

Robert

Attachments

• webpage.jpg
    webpage.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Hi Robert,

I've been trying to experiment with eliminating some ads based on some other related reports like yours. I may have inadvertently turned this ad on. I think I know what to do and will see if it resolves the issue you are seeing.

Thanks for reporting this and your patience while I work it out.

Upvote 0
Bryan,

I was looking into the matter and so far had confirmed that I didn't see the same thing with either my non-donor nor my gold-donor alter-egos. I was about to try to find out which screen style rwm was using but will hold off on that while you try your fix.

rwm, you might go ahead and post what screen style you are using. To find out if you don't recognize the terminology, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and look a little way in from the lower left corner and you should see the style name. If you hover the mouse pointer over it, that should pop up a brief message saying "Style chooser". The text that your mouse pointer is hovering over will be the style name. Report that.

Upvote 0
OK. Thanks. That does not appear to be the problem.

Upvote 0
I feel as though I'm seeing larger ads, both as banners as well as in the middle of threads.
I don't seem to recall the ads being so large.
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.38.29 PM.png

Upvote 0
Some do appear to be about a third taller than they used to be. I'll report it.

Upvote 0
Back