Newall C80 display issue

slowneasy

Registered
Registered
Came out to the shop to find the Newall C80 display was displaying what I think is "touchEd" on the Y axis line. Never have seen that before and the manual was no help in trouble shooting issue. Disconnecting power doesn't make a different as well as pushing any buttons. Is there a way to reset this some way? Had been working fine the day before.

IMG_4119.JPG

in the manual I found a reference to this

Sleep mode N Press the [Sleep Key] to temporarily turn off the displays and the keypad. While the unit is in Sleep Mode, all the settings are preserved, but the positions of the three axes are updated. If you move any of the axes while in Sleep Mode, the centre display shows ‘diSPLACd’. If someone touches any of the keys, the centre display shows ‘touchEd’. See the Set up and Special functions chapters of this manual for more explanation of the use of the Navigation and Function Keys.

Manual found HERE

Thank you Boswell! I'll read through that section again and hope to see it this time. I sure hope it is that simple... should be but it is ME, lol! I've seen "diSPLACd" numerous times but this "touchEd" is a first for me.

Well....something (or I'm not understanding) still isn't right. I can get it to display "SetUp" but the nav arrows don't toggle through any of the setup features. The display will randomly show the "bolt hole 1" but nothing will change with depressing the nav arrows or function keys.
Disconnecting the power (through surge protector) the display comes back to "touchEd". CE or Menu key won't allow any function either. I'm at a lose. Seems like I need to "reset" the display.
Btw, I don't know what triggered this in the first place. Stumped

Back