Newbie but learning. T port question

solo

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
A & B Work ports, (A, advance-B, retract)
P from pump, T return
I have 3 ports for T. Do I plug the other two?

Attachments

• 20230204_132313.jpg
    20230204_132313.jpg
    673.7 KB · Views: 18
P from pump, T return
There is one port on the side I didn't get in the picture.

Not an expert here , but the return flows to the tank . Not sure if you are talking about a tractor system or industrial system , the extra ports are there for additional attachments that you would want to add onto tractors etc . I think more info would be needed for a correct answer on what application this has .

Sometimes stuff is built for multiple configurations, if the ports all go to the same place and drain to the tank I bet you can just use the one that is most convenient.

But, I don't really know for sure. gotta be some tractor guys on here who can give a difinitive answer.

P from pump, T return
Take compressed air. Use it to see which T ports get connected when the valve is in the following positons:
advance: A should connect to one or more T ports
retract: B should connect to one or more T ports
neutral. P should connect to one or more T ports

If the different functions connect to a common T port, use that one.
If the different functions connect to different T ports, run separate return lines to the tank, or make a manifold to connect them to a common return line to the tank. If using a manifold, be prepared to use check valves if the return flow tries to recirculate.

Thank you for the reply's.
This application is for a 1975 Hydra Mac 5C skid steer to add a grapple onto the bucket. This is a small ride on machine, it uses T handle controls. The left T is connected to rods, going to the left and right motors controlling turning.
The right T controls the bucket and lift arms.
There is 1 line from the pump, I have a electric solenoid to divert flow to the new valve for the grapple.
I'm toying adding a hoe attachment also, or buy a mini excavator and sell this.
I've had this for a year, it's been so handy I wish I had bought a skid 20 years ago. I'm 62 and it sure beats a shovel

Attachments

• 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    668 KB · Views: 9
I am a hydraulic mechanic and did this same modification on my old deere 70 skid steer to use a snow plow attachment.

Find the pressure line on your existing loader lift tilt valve, and connect it to your new valve pressure port. install a power beyond ( hi pressure carry over ) on your new valve( this will screw into your side tank port making it the pressure out port to your old valve) connect a hose to the tank port, this must go to tank or return filter manifold. and connect you a and b ports to your quick connect fittings that go to your attachment cylinder.

Last edited:
I am a hydraulic mechanic and did this same modification on my old deere 70 skid steer to use a snow plow attachment.

Find the pressure line on your existing loader lift tilt valve, and connect it to your new valve pressure port. install a power beyond ( hi pressure carry over ) on your new valve( this will screw into your side tank port making it the pressure out port to your old valve) connect a hose to the tank port, this must go to tank or return filter manifold. and connect you a and b ports to your quick connect fittings that go to your attachment cylinder.

Thank you for posting. Sorry I've been so busy to get back on the forum. New shop, hauling lumber, gravel,...
I believe I have it plumbed correctly. I'll post a picture later, and see if you have any input.
It's 8:30 pm, I think I may go to bed and start fresh tomorrow.

Thank you for posting. Sorry I've been so busy to get back on the forum. New shop, hauling lumber, gravel,...
I believe I have it plumbed correctly. I'll post a picture later, and see if you have any input.
It's 8:30 pm, I think I may go to bed and start fresh tomorrow.
Thank you, I don't know why but I have two post for the same valve. ( plumbing a valve)
I'll hit the hydraulic shop tomorrow and pick up a power beyond valve, and get rid of the solenoid.

Back