Newbie title change!

DAN_IN_MN

Active User
Registered
I see that the new guys title has been changed from SWARF to chips. Interesting.

Just a little more friendly and less likely to raise questions about how to change it.

Bob

To be frank, I've always felt that the term "swarf" was a bit insulting and condescending. I believe George mentioned he thought it was British in origin. Often, the colloquialisms from one branch of English don't come off just right on another. "Chips", at least in my neck of the woods, just doesn't sound as "wrong" as "Swarf". I guess Nelson must have changed this because of a comment I made in another thread. But it pleases me that it has been adjusted.

To be frank, I've always felt that the term "swarf" was a bit insulting and condescending. I believe George mentioned he thought it was British in origin. Often, the colloquialisms from one branch of English don't come off just right on another. "Chips", at least in my neck of the woods, just doesn't sound as "wrong" as "Swarf". I guess Nelson must have changed this because of a comment I made in another thread. But it pleases me that it has been adjusted.

I think it's a good change!

If I had to go through the humiliation of being swarf, everybody should. :lmao::lmao::lmao:Actually I didn't give it a second thought. I've been called much worse. The first time my wife saw a curly chip in the house she said "what is that?" I told it was swarf and all part of the experience. Now she just ask if I brought any pet swarfs in with me. She's pretty alright in my book. :thumbsup:

Dave

She sounds like a keeper. Mine didn't say a word, she just got a large magnet like you pick up nails off a jobsite and said "here, now you wont track that stuff in the house anymore... Didn't have the heart to tell her I mostly do aluminum. She was trying to be positive about it instead of just complaining or worse. Mine gets it though, because she welds and runs the Plasma table so she has a clue and doesnt complain too much and she understands when I say we need a new thing a majig or a new whatsit. She will think about it and usually the next time I mention it she says I thought you already bought that after we talked the last time... She's a definite keeper in my book!!!

Bob

Back