Nice magnifying visor or two

LEEQ

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I went looking for a visor that might work better for me than the old gray monster. That thing just gives me headaches and always has. I wound up finding two I wanted to try. One clips on my hat and flips up or down. The other is more traditional, with the added cool of interchangeable, flip up lenses as well as a headlight if you choose to put it on. They were the same brand. Carson Magnivisor Delux is the big one and the other one is the visormag vm14. They both work great for me and weren't very expensive. Before you ask, I'm not a shill. I'm just excited to be able to see like this! The visor has four lenses magnification. I got the largest magnification of visormag I could find. 20200404_194236.jpg

Last edited:
I have a similar one with the multiple lenses. The headband is really uncomfortable but the viewing is great.

-frank

My wife has the Carson also and it helps her. Being able to see is a BIG deal for her because she has retinal damage.

Glad to hear it helps. My grandmother had a heck of a time seeing her crosswords and dealt with that for decades. Anything that helps give the gift of sight back is grade A in my book. It seems like Carson has a lot of different magnifying products. This is the first I've heard of them and the first I've owned. So far, so good. I'd love to hear more experiences with the products.

You know I don't even know yet. It takes 3 aaa batteries and I don't want to wear that on my head. You have the option to remove it and plug the recess with the filler piece so it's pretty. I'm using a flashlight connected to a mag base via a snake. I pose it right on the problem and move my head however I need to see. My light stays right where I need it. I know the visor light has 3 cheapie looking leds. Not cob stuff. I'll check it out, but I bet it's not very bright. I'd also bet those 3 aaa's last forever. More when I know more.

It's pretty bright. You can't look into it, that's for sure.

I was in the shop tonight and realized that I either need something like this or some cheaters. Sigh.

I have a magnifier that looks identical to the Carson Pro. I have a problem keeping enough tension on the hinge to keep the visor from sliding down. Finger tight is not tight enough to hold all the weight of the visor plus lens.

Back