Resolved Not liking the new format

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawoodman

himself, himself
H-M Supporter Gold Member
First, thanks to all the folk who have taken over the administration of the forum. It’s a difficult, often thankless job, but it means a lot to us!

I don’t like the new home page, with the scrolling photos in the middle, and latest threads on one side, and latest posts on the other. Maybe I’m a Luddite, but I liked the old way, better. I don’t care if it’s a new thread or post; if it’s new, I may want to have a look at it.

Just my opinion, and again, thanks!

Mike,

If you don't care for the new home page, just ignore it. When I log into the site, I usually have specific things that I need to do that involve PM's and/or Alerts. But on the upper tool bar you will see the Forums tab. Just to the right of it is a sorta dim drop-down arrow. Click on that arrow and you get a small window containing a list of options. The top one is New Posts. Click on that and you get a list of new posts with the most recent one at the top. So log in, click, click and you are looking at the list of new posts in reverse chronological order.

Here's another suggestion. I just make the Forum tab my standard link to the site. I never go to the Home page unless I specifically want to go there. And once here, I only select the Forum tab for navigation. I rarely see the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back