nother rainy day

GK1918

Active User
Registered
I have had this for years with no clue. All I can say it will go on my SB 9As compound perfectly.
Came from my wifes grandfarther would maybe 140yrs old so I know its from the 1920s and
there was one on ebay and that guy didnt know what it is for either. One on ebay and mine
has something like a wedge missing. Some kind of tool holder? parting tool holder? If I knew
whats missing Id probably figure the thing out. what do you think sam

no name.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the part missing a ramp that when you turn the knurled nut rides up the ramp to adjust the tool hight Ithink the sloted washer is 90° out of line.
BRIAN

Re: nother snowy day

thanks all I got to figure out what this wedge looks like. Actually I do use this, I C clamp a
sewing mach. motor with a grinding wheel. As said it fits my compound perfect, only for
wisking up dead centers. and (I do not like toolpost grinders its radiation for a lathe)

BRIAN link=topic=1485.msg8313#msg8313 date=1301591528 said:
I think the part missing a ramp that when you turn the knurled nut rides up the ramp to adjust the tool hight Ithink the sloted washer is 90° out of line.
BRIAN

Exactly. It rides on the front or rear slide of a production turret lathe. Holding either the form tool or the cut off blade.

Google, Brown & Sharpe #2 hand screw machine.

hi mueller thats what i had in mind, ill find a use for it thanks

Back