Obscure watch / clock lathes

skogkatt007

Registered
Registered
I have a couple.of obscure units, really just the beds, headstocks, and draw bars. Non standard collets. The 1st has a 12" bed, cast on pdestal, 4.5" swing. The other is about 18.75" long, single pedestal, 6" swing. They're buried at the moment. Maybe I can find photos on a different site.

Like Rivett or Schaublin stuff? Those can be extremely fine machines and quite valuable to the right person.

No was actually referring to stuff that no one has a clue about. I actually have 33% of a Derbyshire 750. My very most first lathe was a chrome plated Peerless/Marshall WW watch maker lathe. Never did buy a compound for it. The darned things have eluded me for 25 years. I do have a jumbo 7" swing Pratt & Whitney "precision bench lathe" as they were once referred to. It's just that, a really gargantuan watch maker style.of lathe. 32" bed.

The 2 I referred to initially have no markings on them. I was told companies would produce special purpose machines in accordance with a patron's interest. Non standard collets. Neither has a tailstock or compound. They may never have had them. I have to pull them out and do more investigating.

Back