Oiler question

I don’t see a check ball in your pics.

Is the check ball in the tube?
Yes, and a very weak spring.

The problem might be some junk between the check ball and tube. I'll check that out....although I did examine it briefly and didn't see anything obvious.

It looks like the piston is about 5/8" OD: Parker has O-rings with 9/19" ID x 1/16" ( & 3/32" & 1/8") thickness. Maybe not at your local hardware store, but give Parker a call and see if they'll send you some samples.
I've never heard of fractional sizes in increments of 1/19". I can see why they might not be easy to come by :grin:.

Is that the length system used by Lower Elbonia?

I've never heard of fractional sizes in increments of 1/19". I can see why they might not be easy to come by :grin:.

Is that the length system used by Lower Elbonia?
Fatfingerland

9/16

Try sticking the pump part in a glass jar with some oil so you can see what is happening inside thus making a simple
diagnostic tool to get to see where the oil is flowing.:encourage:

Yes, and a very weak spring.

The problem might be some junk between the check ball and tube. I'll check that out....although I did examine it briefly and didn't see anything obvious.
I'm probably off course, but you should have two check balls, one under the piston in the tube and one in the end of the (Static)plunger, and yes the springs are weak.

Most of these aren't meant to develop much pressure and the spring should only need to return the cup so it can refill with oil.

ETA: Just went back and reviewed the pics again, the main tube going up to the cap is bent.

This could certainly cause issues.

Last edited:
ETA: Just went back and reviewed the pics again, the main tube going up to the cap is bent.

This could certainly cause issues.
Nope. The fixed piston is much larger in diameter than the movable cylinder. The cylinder isn't going to get anywhere near the tube.

I don't see anything in mine that would suggest it was designed to use two check balls. That said, there might be one hidden inside the piston.

OK, when I said I might be off course I thought you knew there were supposed to be two check balls.

Without both it wont pump.

OK, when I said I might be off course I thought you knew there were supposed to be two check balls.

Without both it wont pump.
OK. I hadn't thought about it much but I see what you mean. I'll run a bit of wire inside the piston hole to see if it encounters something. It's gotta be in there somewhere....if it ever worked at all!

Back