OK Tool Model 202 Tool Grinder

jbaccell

Registered
Registered
Good Evening,

I have been looking for a tool & cutter grinder and I came across an OK Tool Model 202. I have done quite a bit of searching to find out more about the company and the quality of their machinery. There is a publication over at Vintage Machinery but other than a few threads at the other machinery site, I can't find much about them.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular grinder and if so, would you mind sharing your opinion?

Thanks.

Joe

OK was mainly known for their replaceable tool bits to replace forged tools way back when, I have a catalog from back in the 60s but have not seen that they made cutter grinders, but they did also make replaceable blade milling cutters that would have needed to be reground after setting the blades out in the serrated slots.

Thank for the insight Benmytree. They apparently made grinders too but seeing that there is so little information about them, I’m guessing they weren’t popular.

Thank for the insight Benmytree. They apparently made grinders too but seeing that there is so little information about them, I’m guessing they weren’t popular.
Still it would be nice to see what they looked like and what their capabilities were.

Is this the one you are looking at?

Ted

Hi Ted,

Yes, it caught my eye and only about 115 miles away. In addition to finding the right machine at the right price, my biggest challenge is making room for it. As of right now, I can't fit it in my garage workshop much less have the room to use it..LOL

I like Your attitude, ONLY 115 miles away. Sounds familiar.............

Hi Ted,

Yes, it caught my eye and only about 115 miles away. In addition to finding the right machine at the right price, my biggest challenge is making room for it. As of right now, I can't fit it in my garage workshop much less have the room to use it..LOL
Yes, it does look like a large machine, maybe similar to a Cincinnati #2. My Cin #1 is smaller and is a good size for my shop. Sounds like maybe you might be able to fit one of the smaller KO Lee grinders in your shop. They have a much smaller foot print.

Ted

yea, but look at all the tooling with that, it's a complete setup, with little needed to get to work. :D

Back