OMG!

markba633csi

Mark Silva
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just saw this headline on SFGate.com, happened in Menlo Park- reminds me of the Fargo movie

Bay Area tree trimmer falls into wood chipper and dies​

I worked on Vemeer tree chippers when i was working at a rental yard in my youth.
We had one unit that could easily take 12”diameter wood and make sawdust of it in a hurry. The cutters were attached to a 5’ flywheel that ran somewhere around 500 rpms. Sounded like a jet engine on roids when in operation
You would not want anything to do with the working parts

Last edited:
I saw pictures once of a Navy man who got hit by a helicopter blade while it was landing on an aircraft carrier- wasn't pretty

I've seen my share of horrible deaths. Both pictures and live in front of me.

One of the ones that laft a lasting impression on me was when a refueling operator walked in front of a CF18 intake as the jet was doing a run up. Sucked that guy right off the ground and he looked like a wet piece of spaghetti ad the engine pulled him down the intake.......Horrible way to go. Nothing left to bury other than some bone fragments and a few pieces of flesh/jelly.

There's another video of a similar event, except the guy sucked into the intake was lucky enough to be wearing a helmet and ear defenders. The engine sucked them off his head and they hit the compressor first. This cause an engine failure and the pilot chopped the throttle immediately. Then, about 10 minutes later, the ground crew was amazed as a guy crawled out of the intake and dropped to the ground. The helmet saved his life by destroying the engine before his body got to it.

Here's a similar event on a US AC carrier with an intruder and ground crew:

Don't be afraid to click on it, the guy survives.

Back