OPTIMUM SPINDLE MOUNT

ARM

Active User
Registered
Hello Good Folks
Does anybody know the SPINDLE MOUNT specs for an OPTIMUM 280x700 VARIO LATHE
We want to get a BISON or other 5C COLLETT Chuck for this machine and won't commit to buy until we are certain we can go that route.
Although we have a drawing from the manufacturer we can't make head or tail of it, and neither can the Chuck Dealer we know.
Will appreciate some light on this here.
Thanks in advance
aRM

Hi Arm,
We carry a version of that machine too, our PM-1127VF Lathe.

And I do not know what the mount is called either, but, I have put the Bison chucks on them before, you can get an extra back plate with the lathe.

Which Bison chuck do you want to use? If its the set tru it will be tricky, but still possible. But you are not going to find a Bison back plate that bolts right up to it, you will have to make one or at least attach it to something else to make it work.

I just googled the specs, The manual says it has a MT 4 Taper mount. Let me look further in and see if I can find the chuck mount.

"Billy G"

Hi Arm,

And I do not know what the mount is called either, but, I have put the Bison chucks on them before, you can get an extra back plate with the lathe.

Which Bison chuck do you want to use? If its the set tru it will be tricky, but still possible. But you are not going to find a Bison back plate that bolts right up to it, you will have to make one or at least attach it to something else to make it work.
QUALITYMACH
Thanks for this response.
Pardon my ignorance but when U say an "extra Back plate with the lathe" would we be able to get these from the Suppliers ??
Do U carry these in Your inventory and would U supply this ???
At this point in time we have as yet not decided on any specific model of the Bison Chuck. If we know we can definitely mount one, Man that's going to be a start. And then the SET TRU, that will be the cherry on the top !!!
We are trying with our Supplier to get Bison throw some light here.
After all they are neighbours where this machine is designed !!!
U have given us some hope that it is possible and that matters.
LORD BLESS
aRM

- - - Updated - - -

I just googled the specs, The manual says it has a MT 4 Taper mount. Let me look further in and see if I can find the chuck mount.

"Billy G"
BILLY G
Good of U to assist.
In fact we downloaded and printed the whole OPERATING MANUAL and are also studying this to ascertain that elusive detail.
Hope U come right.
Take care
aRM

Hi Arm,

QUALITY MAN
We have news at last !!!
Toolmex have the answer and the ADAPTOR PLATE as well.
This is a BAYONET #3 MOUNT.
The ADAPTOR PLATE # 7-862-0501 will fit.
Thanks for Your kind efforts.
Take Care
aRM

Hi,
FWIW, some details of this spindle nose.
It's a Short Taper (KurzKegel in German) DIN55022 -studs version Size 3. (and the same as the DIN55021 -bolted version Size 3. on the EMCO Compact 10/Maximat Super 11) but with bigger bores for the studs than the 55021-3. There also is a DIN 55021 Size 1. (41,89mm max. taper diameter) first applied on the EMCO Compact 8 and later on its clones (like the smaller OPTIMUM lathes and Taiwan made FuSan MJ450/650). Whatever happened to the 5502X Size 2. Short Taper is a mystery, though it will probably be applied to some exotic machine no doubt. Picture is a datasheet from SCHUNK.

din55022-21.jpg

QUALITY MAN
We have news at last !!!
Toolmex have the answer and the ADAPTOR PLATE as well.
This is a BAYONET #3 MOUNT.
The ADAPTOR PLATE # 7-862-0501 will fit.
Thanks for Your kind efforts.
Take Care
aRM

din55022-21.jpg

Back